Hi Wei:

I'm not familiar with this API, but I'll bet the second coordinates are for the
working surface inside the
window.  i.e. 0,0x100,100 is the display area inside a 100x100 window that can be
placed anywhere on the screen.

JC

Tan Wei Chong wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I notice that in Xv PutImage hook, the incoming clipBoxes parameter gives two
> rectangle coordinates, the first one being the the four corner of the window
> displaying the video image, the second one (which confused me) being a rectangle
> from 0,0 (origin of the screen) to the upper left corner of the displaying window,
> why start from the origin of the screen?
>
> Thanks,
> Wei Chong.
> --

         Jay Cotton                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
         408 635 0621  x11621
         Sun Microsystems Inc.
         2515 North First Street, MS USJC07-201
         San Jose, CA 95131
         Sun Microsystems Inc. - X11 Server Group
         User Experience Engineering