On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 12:53:32PM -0400, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
>  Start the server with no clients and access control disabled
>"XFree86 -ac".  Run a client and kill it, or run a client that
>terminates itself (like xset) and the server segfaults on the
>server regeneration.  I'm having a hard time getting a back trace.
>It looks like the stack is trashed pretty badly.  This appears
>to be a recent regression.

It looks like a malloc/free bug -- maybe a double free somewhere.  I
see it crashing in free(), called from CMapUnwrapScreen().  If I add
some debugging ErrorF's the caller of the crashing free() moves.  I'll
try a build on FreeBSD and enable some of its malloc debugging flags.

David
--
David Dawes                                     X-Oz Technologies
www.XFree86.org/~dawes                          www.x-oz.com