Raymond Jennings wrote:

I fear that my membership has not been too helpful. I'm just a newbie, and Xfree86 is _way_ out of my league.

Therefore, I have unsubscribed.

If anyone wants me to get back on, please reply privately at [EMAIL PROTECTED] (I am no longer listed at XFree86.org). If I get requests to do so, I'll join back on.

You should not think that being a newbie should prevent you from doing anything useful for XFree86 (or whatever project thereof).
You could for example make some tests with the latest snapshots, or whatever thing which will fit your skills.
Sure you have to be prepared to be shaken sometimes by more skilled people, but if you overcome that (and hopefully it won happen too frequently ;-) you can achieve to do a lot of things for Free Software, which will certainly make you happy (at least it makes me happy everytime I have the impression to improve things ;-)
BTW : you (and skilled people here also to post whatever they want to be done, like testing certain drivers, features, whatever) should have a look at xwin.org wiki, especially XJANITOR, where you have docs on getting cvs XFree and compile (not easy, risky, but hey it is testing ;-)
Bye
Manu