Hi,

I'd like to add some support to X for my usb keyboard's extra "multimedia"
keys (if it's not already there). It sends some keycodes to the linux
kernel that can't be passed via the kernel's raw mode. From my research,
it seems to me that the solution is to give X the ability to use the new
linux input event interface (please correct me if I'm wrong). I'd like to
add some support to do this, but I'm not quite sure where to start. Where
would the best place be to add code for this capability? Any suggestions?
Does such functionality already exist?

ryan