On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 07:49:05 -0800 (PST), Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Like I said before:  If you MB is 8x you will need to patch your 2.4
>kernel with 8x support (or if you can set your BIOS to 4x only mode) or
>use a 2.6 kernel.  once you have that done you can just use the DRI
>snapshots.  This will allow you to use 4x mode.  if you want to use 8x,
>you will have to apply michel/hui's, or keith's 8x patch.

With my 9800XT I have the same problem, but my Mobo has only 4x AGP, so I
don't have any clue as to why it doesn't work.

I always get these errormessage when I load agpgart and fglrx and then startx.

The weird thing is that X starts up with this gray screen and the mouse
working. It only crashes the instant when the KDE dialog should be coming up.

(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4"
(WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:1) found
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local/, removing
from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/, removing
from list!
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-3627' to 'kded'
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-3630' to 'knotify'
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
startkde: Shutting down...

--
Gerhard Gruber
Maintainer of