On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 12:15:07 -0500, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It'll take more than advocacy to make it a standard. I don't need to tell you, I'm certain, that in Open Source software the best way to make things happen is to do them.

To be a Standard though, you need to write a specification and have it go through X.org's standardization process.

that's shit. I really think that's got the cart in front of the horse.
I don't see the market leader(s) doing that, to make something saddled
to a standards group is a reminder of why LINUX beat FreeBSD. FBSD was tied
to that old war horse, Telephone, and following standards and they lost. Linux
followed a standard that a genius created and made it happen.

throw out the standards group and just take hold of the standard by being there. the
group will follow as they can't think just react. Linux proves it. Linux is god.

mark