Thomas Winischhofer wrote:
Eric Anholt wrote:
On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 02:27, Andreas Allacher wrote:

I have tried your latest Snapshot and have a problem using the
SIS-DRI-Driver at WineX if it comes to Direct3D games OpenGL games work
perfect also DirectDraw...
BUT as said Direct3D games lock-up (only mouse works still) before I get
shown anything  the same is for the videos in the game this all worked
perfect with the old SIS-Driver  but there I had the problem that in any
game  if DRI was used - I got a lock-up, even TuxRacers

[...]

I'm having a hard time parsing you here.  So with the old driver all
games caused a lockup but with the new driver only D3D games in WineX
do?

Andreas asked me privately about this a couple of times, and I think the problem he's having boils down to

- WarCraft III (via WineX) is "too dark", possibly meaning the the game playfield area is all black while the game controls and status displays still display OK (is WarCraft III really using DirectX or Direct3D?)

- he had lockups with the old driver (which I personally experienced only a very few times)

He has never told me wether or not native DRI applications work for him the current driver (apart from the gfxgears statement below).

WC3 uses D3D. However, it can be made to use OpenGL with the -opengl command-line option. He should try that and see if it helps. If it works with -opengl, then the problem is likely either in WC3 or the WineX D3D-to-OpenGL layer. If nothing else it will give another data point. :)