XFree86 is an honorary member of X.org:

http://www.X.org/XOrg_members.html

   Some XFree86 developers have represented XFree86 in some X.org
projects (like the Xinerama task force), but XFree86 is not a
dues-paying member of X.org.  XFree86 is a not-for-profit organization
with a focus on developers.  X.org is a commercial interest group.
They are separate projects with separate goals, though some overlap
in technical interests.

                        Mark.