On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Mario Klebsch wrote:

> xlib is just a small layer on top of the XLib protocol. So what should
> be gained by using a different implementation?

not much unless there are protocol changes.

> But without digging to deep into that question, does freedesktop only
> provide an alternative xlib or do they offer an alternative to XFree
> (providing a complete set of libraries (xlib, Xt, Xaw, ...) and the
> imake based build system?

Perhaps a pointer to the relevant CVS (and the corresponding tag) would
help answer that question.  From what I could see, the XORG tag on
freedesktop is just a copy of xfree86's from several weeks ago.  If
there's any real content difference, it's either in a different tag on on
a different server.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net