Kendall Bennett wrote:

Clearly the future of XFree86 is very murky right now, as many developers have left to work on other projects such as freedesktop.org, and now with the core team disbanded it is unclear exactly how companies such as SciTech or vendors such as ATI, Via, SiS etc who do not have direct connections with someone on the XFree86 committer list can get their patches into XFree86.

Offtopic: From my experience with SiS and the quality of their code (if it deserves that name), I seriouly hope they don't at all. And BTW, they have contact with me.

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria