David Dawes wrote:
On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:45:10PM +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 12:37:51PM -0500, David Dawes wrote:

There are quite a few Radeon-related bugs still outstanding in
bugs.xfree86.org, including several related to DRI lockups.

Has anyone followed them up?

David,

I suspect not with XFree86's DRI drivers still being based on Mesa 4.0.4,
and the DRI developers aren't tracking Mesa 4.0.x anymore.

We are at Mesa 5.0.2.  Doesn't the DRI project maintain a Mesa
5.0.x-based stable branch of some sort?

David,

The hardware drivers are now being maintained in the Mesa tree. Mesa does have a set of stable branches but the only one containing the DRI drivers is too recent for your purposes - Mesa 6.0.

This is a good time to remind people/establish the principle that driver bug fixes should be propogated to the mesa-6_0_branch of the Mesa repository. Brian's always done a good job of making sure core mesa fixes get copied over, but it shouldn't come down to him alone.

In particular, the recent TCL lighting fixes for the radeon & r200 drivers should get pushed down into Mesa 6.0.

Keith