On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, [iso-8859-1] Suresh Chandra Mannava wrote:

>Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 04:57:30 +0000 (GMT)
>From: "[iso-8859-1] Suresh Chandra Mannava" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: how to build static XFree86/TinyX and Xlibs
>
>Dear Friends,
>
>I like to port Xfree86/TinyX by cross compiling using
>uclibc static(with out shared library support).
>My queries are
>1)How to build Xfree86/TinyX statically?
>2)How to build static Xlibs?
>3)What are the modifications in host.def and site.def?
>
>I request your help in providing some pointers on
>above queries.

TinyX, aka. 'kdrive' is currently maintained on freedesktop.org
in the "xserver" CVS project 'kdrive' module.  This module
contains the latest kdrive source code, which you may wish to use
instead if you're doing new development, as the source is much
newer than what is in XFree86 CVS currently.

There's a separate development list on freedesktop.org for
discussion of 'kdrive' X server development also, which you might
find to be useful, as it is more specific to kdrive.

Hope this helps.

--
Mike A. Harris