Hello,

I am running linux on a Compaq Presario with an ATI video card, reporting the
following via lspci
VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility U1
PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc U1/A3 AGP Bridge [IGP 320M] (rev 01)

I installed the Xfree 4.4.0 RC2, kernel 2.4.24.
If my laptop is connected to an external screen when I launch Xfree, then the
external screen does not get any signal anymore and the CRT gets a kind of
backlight, appart from that it is black screens.
If the laptop is not connected to an external screen, then launching xfree is
ok.

Is it a current "functionality" or should we already be able to use radeon
server with external screen ?

Thanks for your good work,
Cyril