--- Andreas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone know (or have some contacts at ATI that knows) what the
> current status of XvMc hardware support for radeon cards is?
>
> I'm using a fanless EPIA 5000 with fanless Radeon 9200SE PCI and
> really
> need this for smooth dvd playback.

Ati hasn't released the databooks for the xvmc stuff on their chips
(could be a license issue -- perhaps they licensed it from a 3rd
party?).  anyway, they did provide a binary module with their DDK, but
at the moment, that's it.

FWIW, the via and savage drivers have (apparently) working XvMC
implementations.  the one for savage compiles with the
savage-2-0-0-branch in DRI cvs, however, I haven't gotten a chance to
try it yet.

Alex