Hi,

I have installed the RC3 release of XFree86 4.4, and I
have noticed a couple of issues. Firstly, the

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/

directory is missing. This made it impossible for me
to build libglut.so against this release candidate
without first restoring the config/ directory from an
earlier release.

Secondly, there are no "pex5" and "xie" modules in
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/. Now I never knew
what these modules did, and I suspect that they might
have been removed before 4.4 because I've previously
"overlaid" the new XFree86 release on top on the
existing one. (Having made a copy, of course.) Should
I delete these from my installation and config file
instead? I haven't found anything about these modules
in the RELNOTES for either 4.3 or 4.4.

Apart from these glitches, it seems to work. No DRI
for a Matrox Millenium II, though. (Yes, I've only
updated a very old machine so far... ;-).)

Cheers,
Chris