On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Alan Hourihane wrote:

> I mentioned in a reply to Alex, that maybe the ScreenLayout section should
> use Monitor's rather than Screens. I think that should fix the orientation
> issues, as the ScreenLayout is really describing the monitor positions.

I didn't spot this the first time around.
At present there is no need for two monitor sections when you have
two identical monitors, as each Screen can use the same Monitor.
Don't know whether that change is important.

> So you'd only use the modes for the second monitor that is described for
> the primary monitor ?

I'm not keen on that. Some people will have two very different monitors,
and many of the Matrox cards support more modes (RAMdac bandwidth
limits) on one head than the other.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna