On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> > >This thread actually started on [EMAIL PROTECTED]  The problem is that gcc's
> > >broken define conflicts with our driver API.

> > ISO C99:

> > 7.16

> > Boolean type and values <stdbool.h>

> > 1 The header <stdbool.h> defines four macros.
> > 2 The macro bool expands to _Bool.

> > Which define is broken in gcc exactly?

OK.  So "broken" is a little harsh.  Not the first time...

> recap: one of his header files has a struct with a field named 'bool'.
> ncurses' curses.h is including stdbool.h (long story).
> stdbool.h's bool definition interferes with his header file.

Well, not "his" header file, exactly, but I'll let that go.

The simplest thing to do is to rename that field in xf86cfg/loader.h.  As
for the field in common/xf86Opt.h, that header is only used by server
code, and server code shouldn't ever use curses.  That leaves some future
#include <stdbool.h> in server code, but we can cross that bridge when/if
we get there.  In the meantime, the API issue is avoided.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |