Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 05:16:59PM +0100, Marcus Schaefer escribió:

>I tried your example because I don't know the _NET_WM_PID property
>and was interested in it. Unfortunately the call to XGetWindowProperty()
>never filled the &prop data. Your code is checking against the return
>code of XGetWindowProperty() which is fine but prop equals to (nil) in
>all my tests. I was using metacity as suggested windowmanger.
>
>Do you have any idea why it fails ?
>
>The window Id which is required of course is obtained from a
>"xwininfo" call. I passed the information from this command to

        Using this (removed the uid stuff) works here:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] fer]$ gcc test.c -L/usr/X11R6/lib/ -I/usr/X11R6/include/ -lX11 -o
test
[EMAIL PROTECTED] fer]$ xwininfo

xwininfo: Please select the window about which you
          would like information by clicking the
          mouse in that window.

xwininfo: Window id: 0x1e00012 "[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~"
[...]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] fer]$ ./a.out 0x1e00012
pid of window 0x1e00012 = 24109

Salu2

--
Fernando Herrera de las Heras
Onírica: análisis, diseño e implantación de soluciones informáticas