harry wrote:
Hi,all

I met a problem while porting xfree86 to mips, it seems that I can't unlock the sis6326 registers. SR5 is used as password register in sis6326, if 86h is written into this register, then A1h will be read from this register, and unlock all the extension registers.If the value other than 86h is written into this register, then 21h will be read from this register,and lock all the extension registers.
But now when I wrote 86h to this register, I always get ffh, so the display can't be initialized.
Is there anyone met this problem?

You have more than this locking/unlocking problem. It seems that none of the registers can be written or read, or they are being read from/written to wrong addresses. (For example, the memory clock is never 14 MHz, and there are no 2MB versions of the 6326.).

Looks like a general register addressing problem. I have no experience whatsoever with mips hardware, so I can't help you further.

You can, however, try the most recent driver from my website. It uses exclusivly relocated i/o ports, so perhaps this helps.

Thomas