On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 14:50:10 +0000 "o o" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> Thanks, but I think I am wrong again. I wrote in my code:
>
>               val.subwindow_mode = IncludeInferiors;
>               XChangeGC(display(), gc, GCSubwindowMode, &val);
>               gc = XCreateGC (display(), m_clients.item(j)->sendWindow(), 0,
>               0);
>
> Then, when a DIALOG window apears, the window manager I am working on is
> killed.
> val is a XGCValues and gc is a GC. There is a problem with the XChangeGC
> function parameters I think.
>
> See ya!

next hint: create the gc for the root window, not the dialog and draw to the
root window (u will just end up drawing all over the screen regardless of client
windows - with a caveat - multi-depth displays and video overlays will behave
differently in this regard)

how the hell a wm can be killed by you creating a gc with includeinferiors beats
me. it has no clue this gc exists - no way of knowing. are you sure it's killed?
or its just now "hidden" by you drawing all over the screen?

熊耳 - 車君 (数田)                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)