Hello all,
I'm new to X window programming, so maybe my problem is very simple for many
of you. The problem is:
I have a "stack" of apps running on top of the X. None of them are "stay on
top". Let's say the following windows are on the system:

desktop, x1, x2, ....., xn

>From the xi window I want to find the main window of the app bellow xi ( let's
say xi-1) and to give it the focus.

My attempt was:
        int root;
        int parent;
        unsigned int nchildren;
        int* children;
        Display* d;

        d = XOpenDisplay("");
        int w = XDefaultRootWindow(d); //w should be the desktop
        int ret = XQueryTree(d, w, (Window*)&root, (Window*)&parent,
(Window**)&children, &nchildren );

I have the ID of my window and I want to find which is the window imediately
bellow it. Following the man of XQueryTree I thought the IDs are from bottom
to top but I'm not sure the list is "sorted" from the point of view of "Z"
order.
        so, my need is ID_bellow_me = Some_Func_To_Find_The_ID();

and then,
        XSetInputFocus( d, ID_bellow_me, RevertToNone, CurrentTime );
        XFree( children );
        XCloseDisplay(d);

Thanks for your help,
Eugen