> > Functions defined in XFree86 are not resolved in libextmod.a
> when referenced
> > as extern.
> > Why ?
> > Is there a way to help the symbol resolution ?
> >
>    This is a problem you are seeing with the existing code or only
> after you modified something?   XFree86 modules can only resolve
> symbols exported by the core server.  XFree86 modules do not link
> to external libraries.

Interesting.
I did modify something. I am actually developing my own X11 extension, in
the extmod module. The base XFree86 code doesn't have any issue.
The symbol I am trying to resolve is defined in libdix.a
(xc/programs/Xserver/dix), which is statically linked to XFree86.
How does XFree86 export symbols explicitely ?

Thanks,

Michael