Hi,

I'm using XFree86 on an Amiga/APUS system with a Permedia2 based
graphics board, which works absolutely fantastic, except for the missing
DRI support (but that's on my ToDo list). However, I am having trouble
with the keyboard:

The backtick/tilde key has system keycode 0. X for whatever reason adds
8 to every keycode to get the X keycode, that's fine with me. :-)
However, pressing backtick and tab (right below) at the same time
crashes X instantly (Tab has X keycode 74 and system keycode 66). Using
the backtick normally works, but at some point a number of keys stop
working at all, and mouse clicks are also interpreted differently from
that on, which would suggest a weird modifier mapping, but I cannot see
a sign for that:

KeyPress event, serial 18, synthetic NO, window 0x1000001,
    root 0x42, subw 0x0, time 3923240, (229,-19), root:(230,0),
    state 0x0, keycode 8 (keysym 0x60, grave), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes:  "`"

KeyRelease event, serial 21, synthetic NO, window 0x1000001,
    root 0x42, subw 0x0, time 3923390, (229,-19), root:(230,0),
    state 0x0, keycode 8 (keysym 0x60, grave), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes:  "`"

For even stranger reasons, the Shift keys have a keycode that does not
follow the usual keycode + 8 model, but are far off the other keycodes,
above the range specified in the xkb file. The right key does not
generate keycodes at all, while the left one loses a few events (and
generally gets stuck often, where you have to press and release it a few
times).

And, still stranger, the 'm' key (X code 63 -- system code 55) is
unaffected by qualifiers, i.e. I cannot type a capital M. Also, F5
(84) and the right Amiga key (101) get both mapped to keycode 111.

Where should I start debugging this? Is this likely to be a bug in xkb,
in the X server code, my xkb keyboard definitions? I've attached my
server logfile in case it is of any help.

   Simon

--
GPG Fingerprint: 040E B5F7 84F1 4FBC CEAD  ADC6 18A0 CC8D 5706 A4B4