On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, [ISO-8859-2] Martin MOKREJ© wrote:

> Martin MOKREJ© wrote:
>
> Actually, I didn't know earlier but the "radeon" should not continue but make X
> rather die as I have AGP 9200 card, and that's actually the reason why I have to use
> "ati" as driver. The naming is bad, but empirically I have figured out which drier
> works and aslo gives DRI.
>
> The credit goes to Philipp Klaus Krause from dri-users list:
>
>     "radeon" is the driver for the Radeon 7000 series cards. "ati" is the
>     one for Radeon 8500 to 9200.

????
Last time I looked, ati was a wrapper driver which used one of
the drivers "mach64", "r128" or "radeon" as appropriate,
and  "radeon" was appropriate for all Radeon cards.

Has someone been playing around ?
Or have you got different versions of the ati and radeon drivers ?

There is also the drver from ATI, I've forgotten what that is called.
Come to thing of it, the XFree86 radeon driver only support hardware
3D/GL/DRI for older Radeon cards; maybe that is what Philipp Klaus Krause
meant ?

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna