On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, Fred Gleason wrote:

Howdy Folks:

I have recently written an input driver for XFree86 4.3.x for the USB-based
touchscreens made by ELO Graphics (2500U-series controllers).  At present, I
have successfully tested the driver on several systems using Linux with
XFree86 4.3.0.  The sources can be found here:

ftp://ftp.salemradiolabs.com/pub/srlabs/eloinput/

This I have integrated into our sources.

I have a couple of questions on how to proceed that perhaps some of the more
knowledgeable folks who hang out here could help me with:

1)  LINUX DEPENDENCIES
The driver depends upon the Linux USB HID layer for proper operation.  What is
the proper way to include system specific headers (just 'linux/input.h',
really) without breaking other platforms?

2)  BUILD SYSTEM
At present, I am getting the driver to build by putting it into a
'programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/input/eloinput/' directory and then simply adding
an 'eloinput' to the 'SUBDIRS =' line in 'programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/input/
Imakefile'.  This is clearly incorrect, but I am not enough of an Imake
expert (a complete beginner, in fact) to be able to find the 'correct'
location.  Where should this go?

I have added eloinput to xc/config/cf/linux.cf's setting of OSXInputDrivers2, which then becomes part of OSXInputDrivers, itself a part of XInputDrivers. Thus this driver will only build on systems with <linux/input.h>.

Thanks for your patch submission.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |