> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>>devel@XFree86.Org
>>Hi I am trying to get XFree running on this configuration butno success
>> so
>>far. It looks likevsomething to do with the on board video
>>
>>The motherboard is ABIT VA-20 (www.abit.com)
>>Integrated on board Unichrome Pro Graphics with 2D/3D/video controller
>>64 Meg of DDR ram allocated for video
>>Total ram 1G
>>

> The VIA Unichrome chip does not have a driver built-in to XFree86.  VIA
> distributes one, but I don't know whether it plays with XFree86 4.5.0.
> Google for "xfree86 unichrome" for lots of hints.
>
> You should be able to run the vesafb driver.  You won't get
> acceleration, but it should work.

Thanks very much -- however on running the config I can not see a vesafb
in the list of cards in the configuration routine --

There is a Generic  Vesa #1 -- should I use that or someother?

Thanks for your help .. I have paused the config at this point so I hope
someone can come back to me soon

Thanks again

> --
> Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

David Southwell              Ham call sign M0TAU

                                                            40 yrs ocean
and computing
experience.
English Owner & Captain of British Registered 60' bluewater Ketch S/V
Taurus. Currently in San Diego, CA. sailing May bound for Europe via
Panama Canal.