On Wed, 11 May 2005, Damian Janusz Gruszka wrote:
On Wed, May 11, 2005, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 02:51:59PM +0200, damian gruszka wrote:

to support "hardwired" TV and LVDS devices, which doesn't apear on I2O
bus I suggest following changes.
The Option ConnectedDevice set the correesponding field in
VIABIOSInfo.Since my routine and the the "switch" for ActiveDevice
are quite similar, I also risked to replace  this code  by  new
visually shorter  code.

via.patch  - contains combined changes done to  .c and .h files.
via_driver.c.patch, via_bios.h.patch and via_bios.c.patch - patches in
separate files.

You're grabbing a value from the CrtC registers [0x3d4/5] but your
comments state SR32. SR tends to imply Sequencer register [0x3c4/5].
Please at least adjust one or the other.

How global is this? I wouldn't be one bit surprised if this was all very
kontron specific. I've been bashed by igel over something their bios did
differently than the via bios (memory sizing), so this wouldn't exactly
be a first.

Also, from a quick review of the docs i scraped together, it seems that
CR3E is the BIOS initialised active device listing. At least it seems to
be that on the epia M. Then there's SR12, which (somewhat) outlines
which is connected where...

I wanted to use SR32, witch should reflect connected devices as stated in
VIA's video bios interface specs.
Basically it should be OEM's independent. But I found some BIOS versions
that doesn't handle it correctly.
Instead of correction (SR vs. CR), I redesigned this procedure to use int
0x10 Function 0x4f14  bx=4
(video bios interface specs).

This has now been committed.  Thanks for the patch.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  352 General Services Building   +-----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                   |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                   |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |