On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, David Dawes wrote:

However, I think it's better to control module loading from the module
public headers, thus incorporating interface version checking with the
interface definition and avoiding the need to resort to tricks like this.

Alright, that's what I'll do then: "spit & polish" my prototype for "a)" and make the vbe module control its own loading. This can serve as a sample should a similar situation arise in other modules.

Thanks.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  352 General Services Building   +-----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                   |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                   |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |