Hi All,

I am studying Xlib internal working. Came across some problems. Hope
you can help me in clarifying them. I am using gdb for debugging.

1) While debugging I am seeing that dpy structure pointer is being
passed by some calls. dpy intern contains 'buffer', 'bufptr' etc.
While digging through the location pointed by 'buffer' and 'bufptr'
the data is shown as "\003\005" or "\002" etc.

What is the meaning of these values ? I was expecting buffer or bufptr
to be some real data buffers being passed to Xserver but found
something else. Any hints what are these ?

2) I am trying to capture the full process on how any window is being
drawn. through gdb i am attaching kwin (KDE's Window Manager). I am
not getting which call at Xlib is drawing window. I thought probably
this is being done by XSetWindowBorderPixmap, XSetWindowBorder,
XSetWindowBorderWidth. But none of the above said function is being
called up. I am willing to see how a window is being drawn 'line by
line' etc. and how any theme takes it's own course.

Any hints ?

I know that i am lagging some details in this and i need to dig little
more but any pointers in right direction should do fine. May be some
of the things being done at XServer level. but i have no concrete idea
as of now.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks and Regards,
Puneet