On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Michael wrote:

the attached patch adds DDC2/I2C support to the tdfx driver which has
the distinct advantage to work anywhere since it doesn't depend on
the vbe module. It will try DDC2 first and if that fails fall back to
the old vbe stuff when possible.
Moved mode validation and related stuff /after/ monitor detection.

That looks reasonable.

Does the vbe/int10 portion still need to be disabled for PowerPC?

I don't see why they should be enabled - they're PC-specific and even
with x86 emulation they would be pretty much useless since you're not
too likely to encounter a graphics board with PC firmware in a Mac ( or
other PowerPC boxes )

That's _no_ reason to disallow them. After all even your Mac has PCI slots, not Mac-PCI slots, because the later don't exist.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  352 General Services Building   +-----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                   |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                   |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |