On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 01:39:10PM -0600, Marc Aurele La France wrote:
> No.  My preference is definitely to keep the OS out of the way, as much as
> possible

Ok, but in this case that is not realy possible. You need a OS driver
that understands your mmap() call anyway to get the IOMMU mappings
correct & consistent.

We do not allow generic mmap'ing of PCI memory ranges, because that would
mean we had to try very hard to keep all OS drivers out of the way or
somehow synchronize the userland mapping with them.

On i386 with plain pass-through PCI access thinks are certainly different.

Martin