On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, Michael wrote:

since the sunffb driver doesn't support the XRender extension but the
graphics processor supports alpha blending and a few other nice tricks
I've been poking around a bit to add this sort of functionality. The
problem seems to be that sunffb doesn't use xaa or the standard
framebuffer manager. so I couldn't get the included render code to work.
So my questions are:
- is there a text somewhere describing how to add xrender functionality
to a driver without using fbPictureInit() ?
- is there some more comprehensive ffb documentation available
somewhere? I think I know how alpha blending and so on is supposed to
work ( from reading the mesa driver source ) but there are still a few
more questions.

This has already been done in X.Org's repository and it is on my to-do-soon list to merge in.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  352 General Services Building   +-----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                   |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                   |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |