On 11/22/05, Tim Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

XGetInputFocus will tell you the window that currently holds the
keyboard focus.  That is usually what you what when you ask for the
"topmost window".

 XGetInputFocus is returning the WindowID of the topmost window with an a appended to it ie if window id is 0x1000e the it prints 0x1000ea when we do the printf of the id that we get from the XGetInputFocus function . Is there any mistake at my part or something else has to be done.

Code is as follows.

{
Window focusWin = 0;
int reverToReturn = 0;
Display *disp  =  XOpenDisplay(NULL);
assert(disp);
XGetInputFocus(disp, &focusWin, &reverToReturn);
printf("Win is %x\n",focusWin);

}

Regards
Karthik