You need to set end_fsync=1 when doing write tests.

On September 13, 2018 4:18:07 AM "fuzzmagnet182 via openzfs-developer" <developer@lists.open-zfs.org> wrote:
Hi,

A while ago i wrote an article investigating OpenZFS usage for a software development development. If you'd like to read it, you can view it here: http://therandomitblog.blogspot.com/2018/05/zfsdedupe-put-to-ultimate-test-against.html

My question is, the throughput results for ZFS (especially IOPs) are quite high. Can you recommend any changes to my testing which would improve the accuracy of the testing?

Or are the results of my testing to be expected?

This is the FIO test file i was using during one of the tests.

[global]
ioengine=libaio
bs=4k
# This must be set to 0 for ZFS. 1 for all others.
direct=0
# This must be set to none for ZFS. posix for all others.
fallocate=none
rw=randrw
# Make sure fio will refill the IO buffers on every submit rather than just init
refill_buffers
# Setting to zero in an attempt to stop ZFS from skewing results via de-dupe.
#dedupe_percentage=0
# Setting to zero in an attempt to stop both ZFS and Nimble from skewing results via compression.
buffer_compress_percentage=0
norandommap
randrepeat=0
rwmixread=70