Hi everyone -

I wanted to give a heads up about the Fast Clone Deletion feature with the
proposed addition of the "livelist" feature flag.

This feature changes the way that clones are deleted. If it's enabled, changes
to clones will be tracked in a "livelist" (based on the existing deadlist_t)
data structure. When the clone is deleted, the livelist is used to determine
what to delete. The strategy also includes work to manage the size of the
livelist and logic to turn off the livelist for a particular clone if it can no
longer provide a performance benefit.

These PRs are open for Illumos <https://github.com/openzfs/openzfs> and Linux
<https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/pull/8416> (looking for reviewers!) - they
discuss the algorithm in greater detail as well as the performance findings on
each platform. If you have any questions please let me know.

Sara