> On Jul 5, 2019, at 9:11 PM, Stilez <stil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm one of many end-users with highly dedupable pools held back by DDT and
> spacemap RW inefficiencies. There's been discussion and presentations - Matt
> Ahrens' talk at BSDCan 2016 ("Dedup doesn't have to suck") was especially
> useful, and allocation classes from the ZoL/ZoF work will allow
> metadata-specific offload to SSD. But briad discussion of this general area
> is not on the roadmap atm, probably bc so much else is a priority and seems
> nobody's stepped up.

In part because dedup will always be slower than non-dedup while the cost of
storage continues to plummet (flash SSDs down 40% in the past year and there is
currently an oversupply of NAND). A good starting point for experiments is to
use the dedup special class and report back to the community how well it works
for you.

  -- richard