Thanks to everyone who participated, and to Christian for taking notes

meeting recording: https://youtu.be/fTIJgGpV3HE

   -

   What about PR #12918 <https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/pull/12918> ? Will
   it be integrated ? (BLAKE3)
   -

      Looks like it’s moving forward.
      -

      Needs reviews from requested reviewers.
      -

   Matt: Thoughts on the next OpenZFS Conference.
   -

      High interest in an in-person event among the meeting attendees.
      -

      Safety measures: decide closer to the conference. But don’t relax the
      guidelines after announcing them.
      -

      Matt asks for a community member to help with organizing the
      conference:
      -

         Work with sponsoring companies
         -

         Catering
         -

         AV
         -

         Venue
         -

         Date
         -

      Perk: helping organize means some control. e.g., venue location. The
      Bay Area would still be a requirement, though.
      -

   Allan: Linux Namespace PR update
   -

      Will hold fd of the namespace (procfs path) to keep it alive while
      dataset is jailed. Results in slight UI change: refer to namespace by
      procfs path.
      -

   Allan: Write Inflation PR
   -

      Needs help with a failing negative test.
      -

   Michael Dexter: Can OpenZFS native encryption be recommended with
   confidence or specific caveats, not unlike deduplication?
   -

      Send/recv has several known bugs.
      -

         See Rich’s spreadsheet

<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OfRSXibZ2nIE9DGK6swwBZXgXwdCPKgp4SbPZwTexCg/edit>
         (lots of these are likely duplicates of each other)
         -

      Standalone (= without send/recv) has few bugs.
      -

         Illumos has an open bug <https://www.illumos.org/issues/14003>
         related to projectquota upgrades.
         -

         Alex Motin: some TrueNAS / FreeNAS users are using native
         encryption already, plan is to only support it, instead of GELI,
         in future releases.
         -

         zfs change-key has an open issue
         <https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/issues/12123>
         -

      No crisp answer to the question.
      -

   Rich: update on compression early-abort, using lz4 as heuristic
   -

      He pushed a bunch of more data.
      -

   BRT: what’s the status of the work?
   -

      GitHub branch was last updates in February
      -

      Pawel just didn’t get around creating the upstream PR. Will try to do
      that this week.
      -

      Limitation: with encryption, currently only copies within the same
      dataset are covered by BRT. We can lift that limitation in a
later PR, for
      datasets in the same clone family.
      -

      Linux copy_file_range has been hooked up.
      -

      FreeBSD doesn’t have an equivalent yet, so the PR adds a syscall.
      Long-term, Pawel hopes FreeBSD will grow a generic VOP interface.
      -

   Request for reviews:
   -

      #13130 <https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/pull/13130> support
      incremental receive of clone streams (DRR_FLAG_CLONE)
      -

      #12767 <https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/pull/12767> fix use-after-free
      of znode_t in race between zfs_zget and zfs_rmnode/zfs_znode_dmu_fini
      -

      #9372 <https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/pull/9372> corruption
      correcting recv