This is probably a well known issue, but I wonder if anything smart and not
overly elaborate can be done about it.  If we generate a stream from a live
filesystem, then it is possible that the delete queue object in it would be
non-empty.  When such a stream is received and a replicated filesystem is
mounted read/write, then it would diverge from the original because of delete
queue processing.  And thus it would be impossible to receive subsequent
incremental streams unless a rollback is done first.
So, the workarounds are obvious:
- unmount the original filesystem before zfs send
- never mount the replicated filesystem read-write
- always do rollback before a subsequent incremental receive

But I wonder if we could make this scenario completely transparent to an end
user...

Thanks!
--
Andriy Gapon