Hi,

I am trying to understand the space accounting done in dsl_dataset and
snapshots.
Usually whenever a block is allocate for a dataset we
call dsl_dataset_block_born.
And when we free the block we call dsl_dataset_block_kill.

In both of these function we add the allocated/deletes space to/from
current dsl_dataset and dsl_dir.

So my question is how the ds_unique_bytes and dd_used_bytes are related?

What happens in case of snapshots to these fields.?
>From my understanding what I have guessed is ds_unique_byes represents
blocks
allocate/born in current dsl_dataset. But dsl_dir accounts for all the
blocks in snapshots as well as current dsl_dataset. Please correct me if I
am wrong.

Also when we take a snapshot what happens to ds_unique_byes, are they
copied from snapshot or initialized as 0?

Thanks in advance !!

Regards,
Gaurav.