Hmm, 'zpool scrub' should be able to clear that error. Can you tell me which options you used to 'zinject' and I'll try reproducing it here.

Thanks,
George

On 2/26/14 4:22 AM, Andriy Gapon wrote:
I did some experimenting and used zinject to introduce some non-correctable data
errors while reading a file. After that I destroyed a filesystem with the file
and all its snapshots, but the error was still reported in zpool status -v
output.  Maybe this is expected, although not very intuitive.  But what is
definitely unexpected to me is that neither zpool clear nor zpool scrub are able
to clear that error.  Looks like it is stuck with the pool until it is
destroyed.

$ zpool status -v
   pool: pond
  state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
         corruption.  Applications may be affected.
action: Restore the file in question if possible.  Otherwise restore the
         entire pool from backup.
    see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
   scan: scrub repaired 0 in 47m with 0 errors on Wed Feb 26 11:13:30 2014
config:

         NAME                                            STATE     READ WRITE
CKSUM
         pond                                            ONLINE       0     0
  0
           mirror-0                                      ONLINE       0     0
  0
             gptid/fcf3558b-493b-11de-a8b9-001cc08221ff  ONLINE       0     0
  0
             gptid/48782c6e-8fbd-11de-b3e1-00241d20d446  ONLINE       0     0
  0

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

         <0x1b2d>:<0xb>