> On Mar 22, 2016, at 7:36 AM, Jan Schlien <list....@jan-o-sch.net> wrote:
>
> I am debugging something similar and opened
> https://illumos.org/issues/6779 yesterday. It looks somewhat related, as
> it is also a panic in zap_leaf_lookup_closest(), though not during
> zfs_unlinked_drain() but from NFS. Second, I also encountered an
> all-zero zap_phys_t along the way.
>
> I cannot do zdb inspection, as the corruption could be mitigated by
> slightly increasing the dataset's quota. You could try the same,
> depending on your goals.

I can't increase the quota, because in my case the directory has been deleted,
and its final deletion is what triggers that zap panic.

My customer found something interesting on from ZFS-on-Linux:

> I may be off base here, but I came to this bug fix in ZoL that might be
> related to the cause of this.
>
> https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/commit/4254acb05743dc2175ae76f6e15b0785d4b688fd

That may have *caused* the corruption.  What isn't clear to me is how we can
*FIX* such corruption, or at least work around it.  That bug appears to not be
fixed in illumos-gate.

I'm tempted to compile my customer a custom ZFS module that has the
lowest-layer ZAP functions return an error instead of ASSERT() when certain
conditions are met.  I figure it'll be enough for him to mount his currently
unmountable dataset, and then transfer files off of it.

Thanks,
Dan