Hello,

Yesterday, during the shouting i heard that there had been some effort to get MMBase running in an IDE. I want to create a project for netbeans, since netbeans has integrated Web development support.

My goal is:
- to simplify both webdevelopment and core development by putting it into the IDE and we can use "advantaged" stuff like breakpoints / watches / etc :D
- reduce the setup time of the mmbase develop envirourment for myselve (under windows i find it always a real time consuiming task
- Hope that by offering a enviourment in which webdevelopment is standarized, people run more often in the core with the debugger and this way learn how the internal system of MMBase works.

Since i dont know a lot of IDE's for java or effort which has been done on this field, i would like to know why i might consider other java IDE's
Furthermore i would really have a setup instruction for netbeans (well, jbuilder or eclipse is also fine ;) )

I do think that it is good to think about a "suggested" IDE, if people want to work with an IDE, but this i something which should be discussed when we actually have 1 (or more) IDE succesfull working.