2007/12/7, Ted Vinke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> We have succesfully used CommitProcessor to update the last modified
> date etc., but now we'd like to create a relation with another object in
> a commit processor.
>
> Since a commit processor has to be defined on a field in a node and all,
> I was wondering if it's even possible to create dummy field or something
> a create a relation to another node.

Normally the desired functionality is somehow related to one of the
fields, but if that is not the case, you could presumable use a
virtual field to attach the commit-processor to.

As a sidenote.  I have not actually ever done precisely that, but I
did do it with get- and set-processor on a virtual field, and that
does work. E.g. rather than making a function or so, calculating the
'age' from the birthdate can be done by an extra virtual field, which
is simply implemented by a set- and getprocessor:
http://cvs.mmbase.org/viewcvs/src/org/mmbase/datatypes/processors/Age.java?view=markup

Actually, that is an alternative for overriding setValue and getValue
in an MMObjectBuilder extension, but you can use bridge and so on,
which I like better.

Michiel

--
mihxil'  http://meeuw.org