Somehow my motivation was not included, so here it is:

In order to be be granted committer rights, I think these requirements
have to be met: 1 - specific intentions. If you don't plan to use them
for a specific purpose, it's better to wait until you do. 2 - proven
trackrecord and commitment. There are a number of ways to achieve this:
participation on the developers-mailinglist, attending developers
meetings, submitting bugreports and bugfixes, etc.

Regarding Willem, these conditions are not met (yet).

Rob van Maris
Technical Consultant

Quantiq
xmedia & communication solutions