André van Toly wrote:

We have already tried 'upping' the number of threads. This will make Tomcat 'hang' more rapidly. Really: maxProcessors="60" is the maximum Tomcat can handle in our configuration.
The point is that in my opinion the Multicast causes a huge peak in Tomcat's thread usage (and because of that: memory usage). It occurs quit frequently and normally Tomcat just keeps running but the Multicast is not delivered (everywhere) and the nodes in the live webapps are not updated.

That is probably because that Multicast spawns a thread for every node change received. So when you are doing lots of node changes it gets bogged down.

--
Rico Jansen ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
"You call it untidy, I call it LRU ordered" -- Daniel Barlow