On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 12:44, Jaco de Groot wrote:

> Pierre van Rooden wrote:
> >Jaco de Groot wrote:
> >>I expected the license to be MMBase compatible.
> >
> >Not really needed, as long as xmlbs is an external lib.
> >We are not changing any code in it so license is not really an issue.
>
> Does Gerard agree? We had this discussion before:
>
> http://www.mmbase.org/development/mailarchive/msg115145.html
> http://www.mmbase.org/development/mailarchive/msg115407.html
> http://www.mmbase.org/development/mailarchive/msg115408.html
>
> I would like xmlbs to become a MMBase project or part of MMBase and make
> Remco commitor. I got the impression that Remco was willing to do so, but
> maybe I'm wrong.

I do like to become a committer and I did offer the code for inclusion
into the mmbase source tree.  There's 3 ways of doing this:

- full inclusion; introducing an mmbase package like
  org.mmbase.util.xmlbs, importing all xmlbs source and replacing the
  xmlbs site by a notice saying it moved into mmbase.
- mirroring; same as above but I'll keep working on xmlbs in my private
  cvs and backport every bugfix and major change back to the mmbase
  pacakge.
- handling it as an external library and change the license if
  necessary.  I'll make sure the jar-file stays accessible and will keep
  the mmbase build process and wordfilter uptodate.

Currently I prefer the last option because it ensures xmlbs stays usable
and accessible outside mmbase and it's the least amount of work for me
but if somebody has compelling reasons to go for one of the other two
options that's fine too.

Remco