Robin van Meteren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>    Recently we implemented some functionality that retrieves the width and
>    height of images in mmbase. Although other solutions may already exist we
>    thought this might be interesting to some of you.

That seems a very usefull addition.

>    In order to retrieve these properties from an image we've used ImageInfo,
>    a freely available java class, downloadable at:
>    http://www.geocities.com/marcoschmidt.geo/image-info.html. Imageinfo is
>    used by the added ImageBuilder class, which introduces to new virtual
>    fields to an image node, width and height. This class has to be defined in
>    the image builder configuration file like this:
>    <classfile>nl.kennisnet.cpb.cloud.builders.ImageBuilder</classfile>
>
>    As an example of how this could be used, consider a neatly fitting image
>    popup without whitespace around the image. The jsp code looks something
>    like this:
>    <mm:node number='<%=imageNumber%>'>
>    onClick="NewWindow(this.href,'_blank','<mm:field
>    name='width()'/>','<mm:field name='height()'/>','no');return false;"
>    target="_blank">
>    </mm:node>

Using 1.7 This could of course also be done with <mm:function name="width" />

>    Using these extra virtual fields one can also size an image using the
>    width and height attributes within the HTML image tag, provided that no
>    scaling is taking place using a template attribute.

Why not? A scaled images is yet another image, so why can the tool not be
used on the icache-node then?

I would like to add this functionality to 'the' image builder itself.
Perhaps as an optional plugin (<property name="imageinfoclass" or so).

Michiel

--
Michiel Meeuwissen
Mediacentrum 140 H'sum