Thanks Thomas,
you are right.
i am using office XP.so value2() method works for
office Xp.
thanks again.
Regards
Amar
--- Thomas Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Amar

The parameter for the value propery depends on the
version of Excel. In
Excel 2002 (version 10 installed with Office XP) it
should be a variant as
in your code, but in older versions (Office 2000) it
should be a string (as
far as I remember). Check the version of Excel you
are using and the
documentation of the Object model for that version.
You could even do this
in your code by calling excel.version() to make it
compatible with both
versions of Excel.
By the way in Excel 2002 there's also a property
value2 compatible with the
value property in older versions!
Good luck!

Regards