It had be a good solution but I found something else with a global variable. I think that your solution had be better but I don't have time to change.

Thanks a lot anyway!

----- Original Message ----- From: Thomas Vogt Poulsen To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 4:36 AM
Subject: [development-axapta] Re: SetFocus on grid

Hey

Are you sure it's necessary to send and ENTER code in the end. Does the scanner not send it automaticaly.

Anyway I have a scanner that works just like entering keys on the keyboard and in my form on the scanfield's modiefied method, I simply return FALSE no matter what. That makes the cursor stay in this field.

I dont create another line in a grid but it may work anyway.

best regards Thomas Poulsen
AXDATA

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "johnn_16" <jonathan.st-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi, I've created a new form with a grid to input some data. The
data
come from a bar code scanner. The only thing it do is to send keypress like a user keyboard input. So, I set a ENTER key at the end of each scanning operation. The ENTER start the MODIFIED
method
on the grid.

With that, that bar code is scanned and the line is saved in the MODIFIED method. Now, at the of that method, I would like to
create
a new line in the grid and set focus on the bar code field on the
new
line. That way, the user will be ready to scan another bar code.

The problem is that the ENTER key is always execute after the MODIFIED method. So, I'm never able to set focus on the good
field.
Anyone have any hint??

Thanks!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT