Hi there, please help to save my unexperienced ass!!

When I started making edt's my first naming convention was like this:
HGH_HRM_Name
Later on i noticed that my colleagues left out the second underscore
so in my next project i used a convention like this:
HGH_HRMLicense

Today I deleted an underscore out of all the names of my edt's(the
edt's are already been put into tables and forms) in the AOT, because
i wanted a similar naming convention for every edt. I then noticed
that the changes did not appear in my project. My guess was that
everything changed in the AOT would be updated throughout the system,
so that the name would change also in tables, field groups, forms etc.
(unfortunately this is probably a extremely stupid thing to think)
Synchronizing,updating cross reference or restoring tables did not
help. after re-opening my projects I receive a lot of info messages
that say. "edt..... found in project but not in your system" Then the
edt's disseapered out of my project. So now the fields in my table
had the old convention type (HGH_HRM_Name) but the EDT's on which
they extend have the second convention type(HGH_HRMName) Extremely
confusing for other people!!

Ps everything still works but is it possible to change names in the
AOT and have that name updated everywhere it is used?

Thanks in advance
Jack